OUR BREATHE EASY COPD MANAGEMENT PROGRAM IS A MULTIDISCIPLINARY APPROACH THAT INCLUDES:
- Education on managing disease process
- Individual and family education on care needs
- Management and evaluation of patient care
- Observation and assessment
- Home safety and emergency education
- Medication education
- Assistance with activities of daily living
- Nutrition education
- Restorative therapy (Physical, Occupational and Speech)
How is COPD treated?
There are many things your doctor may recommend to relieve the symptoms of COPD and minimize further damage, including:
- Medications. These may be administered in the form of inhalers, nebulizers, pills or liquids.
- Bronchodilators relax the muscles around the airway and can relieve coughing and shortness of breath
- Inhaled steroids can reduce airway inflammation
- Antibiotics fight infections that can male COPD symptoms worse
- Expectorants can help treat the thick mucus of COPD
- Pulmonary rehabilitation programs
- Breathing exercises
- Lifestyle changes such as quitting smoking
Follow your treatments for COPD exactly as your doctor recommends. They can help you breathe better, stay more active, and avoid or manage severe symptoms.